Happy New Year/ Schedule/ Freestyles

Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope 2009 settles down so we can all get back to normality and fly!

----------------------------------

3DHobbyShop will be attending the 2009 Arizona Electric Festival on January 22-24th. Here's the thread. It's a fantastic event. Scott Stoops and Andrew Jesky are scheduled to fly with us, and we'll be introducing 2 or perhaps 3 brand new aircraft at the event, all of which are scheduled for Spring or late Spring delivery. We'll have plenty of aircraft and accessories for sale in the vendor's area, too. Should be a good time, hope to see you there!

----------------------------------

Still working on my 2009 goal of flying a credible freestyle in front of the public. I think the music is finished. That took a lot longer than I expected. Along the way, I mixed up several selections that I've decided not to use, but maybe they'll help someone else start flying freestyle, so I'll make them available. All of these are .wma files to play in windows media player. A .wav file is 10X as large, and that's not so practical. What I do for practicing is to set Media Payer on loop and turn off all of the sound functions on RealFlight G4.

Freestyle 1

Freestyle 2

Freestyle 3

Which mix am I using? That's a secret. Andrew and Mark and QuiQue aren't worried, I'm sure.

So, part #1 of the project, create a freestyle music mix that can be flown to, is accomplished.

Part #2, design a series of maneuvers that I can fly (with practice) and which flow logically to the music, is underway. To do this, I've made great use of the very best tool I know of, www.higerplaneproductions.com

Fred Midgett at Higherplane has produced and collected the finest collection of freestyle videos in the world. I have them on DVD, and I'm also a "FlightPass" subscription service member so I can watch even more of them online. For learning what a high-scoring freestyle is, this has to be the best resource. There are some free videos to watch, I recommend you check them out.

More news to come!

Fly Low!

Basher

No comments: